Monday, October 25, 2010

homemade deodorant part 2

I've been using a mixture of baking soda and corn starch for deodorant.  Just like when I used only baking soda, I've been wetting my pits, then rewetting my fingers and dipping them in my powder, then rubbing on my armpits again.  It feels smoother with the cornstarch, but I think just baking soda is more effective at controlling smells.  Sometimes just baking soda stings (especially if I have to reapply the same day I shaved them).  I've only had a couple days where I felt like I smelled (not just my old sweaty shirt smells).  I was surprised that on days when I started to smell, I could rinse, rub with baking soda, and rinse again, then reapply my "deodorant" and not be smelly anymore.  That wasn't an option when using regular deodorant/antiperspirant.  I think I like this natural stuff much better.  I used to have to scratch off the deodorant with my nails and use a couple soaps to get all the residue off.  The cleaning is much easier when using baking soda (with or without cornstarch).  I am hoping to try the third step of my deodorant trials - adding in coconut oil - next week.  I'll try it for a couple weeks unless I hate it and update you either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment